Helpful Ways To Be Intentional In Your Quiet Times
Many things can be done to start making your quiet times intentional. One way is by setting goals (big or small). Goals can be set by deciding factors such as time, days, how often, how much and more. You can set goals on when to worship, pray, read the Bible, create art and so on.
I encourage you to write down your goals. Writing your goals down can help you in the process. Each time you have accomplished a goal you can check it off your list. Doing so will help you see the process and how far you’ve come in accomplishing your goal.
Ask yourself these questions when setting goals:
1. What is the best time to do quiet times? (AM or PM?)
2. What days do I want quiet times? (Mondays, Wednesdays, etc…?)
3. How do I want to spend time with God? (Worship, Creating Art, Prayer, etc…?)
4. How much of the Bible do I want to read?
5. What do I want to read?
6. What do I want to pray about?
7. What do I want to do for worship? (Dance, Create Art, Music, etc…?)
* Also keep in mind that the Lord speaks and there may be certain things He’d like you to pray for, read or do for your quiet times.
You can even find many helpful reading plans. Some Bibles have them. The internet has many you can look for that include printable versions. Or you can create your own Bible reading plan! Perhaps you have your own way of being intentional with your quiet times. Stick with whatever method works for you! You’ve most likely heard the saying, “If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.” Keep trying and don’t give up!Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on linkedin
Share to Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn
Missions Driven is a ministry of O.M.I. International a 501c3 Organization.
© Made by C.J. 2020
Contact: [email protected]