The History Of Memorial Day
In honor of those who fought and served our country I will share a little about the history of Memorial Day. Do you know how Memorial Day began? How about what Memorial Day used to be called? Watch these 2 short videos from the History Channel to find out! Last night I learned some things I didn’t know before from research! Some people say African Americans were the first to celebrate Memorial Day. One key fact I have found is that Gen. John A. Logan had the idea to make Memorial Day a celebrated holiday.
Share to Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn
- Why We Live In A Broken World June 4, 2020
- Helpful Ways To Be Intentional In Your Quiet Times May 24, 2019
- Why Quiet Times Are Important April 15, 2019
- Why We Need Missionaries January 22, 2019
- Persecution in the Name of Christ Part 3 December 29, 2018